Wednesday, April 11, 2012

3 days to race

Todays racing tips come from Catharine Pendrel.  She was the 2010 World Cup Series overall champion and in 2011, she took 1st in the World Cross Country Championships.

-Respect your competition and then try to best them.
"One of my strengths as a racer has always been that I respect my competition.  This means I ride scared!  I know I have to give everything, because if I don't, there is someone behind me who will"

I thought that was pretty good racing advice.  She also has one more bit of racing advice that I took from her article and have always remembered it.....

-Race to move forward
 "Every rider in front of you is a rider you want to pass.  If you've caught the rider in front of you, chances are you're faster, so pass them and move on to the next rider.  Pass them too, and don't look back."

I hope these tips help you as much as they helped me when I first read them.

Happy Racing!

No comments: